Do you ever notice little “coincidences” in your life? The song that comes on the radio was the song you were just thinking about or the person you were just thinking about calls you out of the blue?
These aren’t coincidences at all, because in the spiritual world nothing happens by chance. Everything that happens has divine meaning and has significance well beyond face value.
Last week we talked about Universal Energy and the importance of tapping into this life-sustaining energy force. When we’re on the right path, the path that honors our soul’s purpose, the universe never misses an opportunity to show that to us.
These little moments are called “synchronicities”.
Synchronicities come in many forms. Here are examples of the many ways the universe communicates with us:
- Music/song lyrics
- Spirit animals
- Numbers/numeric codes
Do you keep seeing the same time on the clock? Do you notice the same numbers coming up frequently?
- Metaphorical signs
- Repeating patterns
Note that synchronicities don’t always give us warm fuzzies. Sometimes they are meant to steer us in a different direction and come in the way of what feels like adversity – a delay, a mishap, a string of challenging events. In my life, when I start losing things, it’s because I’m operating at warp speed and the universe is trying to tell me to slow down. It’s happened enough that now I know to pay attention and really listen and make the necessary adjustments in my life.
Here are 10 ways to invite more synchronicities into your life:
- Ask the universe to show you. Say “Universe, show me a sign that I’m on the right path.” It’s uncanny how quickly the universe responds when we simply ask. The other day I made this request, and shortly thereafter a butterfly appeared out of nowhere, symbolizing transformation.
- Just be open. Don’t overthink it. No need to spend your days looking for synchronicities; that will take the fun out of it. Just go through your day and be open and perceptive.
- Creative endeavors – art, writing, music, singing, comedy, painting, drawing, photography are all examples.
- Meditation – take a few minutes first thing in the morning and a few times throughout the day to meditate.
- Deep breathing
- Spend time in nature, exposure to sunlight
- Slow down
- Start a synchronicity journal – keep track of your synchronicities in a journal, notebook or in your phone. Date them and jot down what you observed, and what you were thinking about or doing at that time. Over time you’ll start to see the golden thread that connects the synchronicities.
When we set the intention to see more synchronicities, we start realizing that we are connected to and supported by the universe every single day. That’s when we really start to get into the flow, when we learn to relax and surrender and let the universe do the driving. Our job is to show up every day with an open heart and open mind, and a commitment to growth, and let the universe handle the rest.
Have fun noticing the synchronicities in your life.