Did you know that the food you eat plays a huge role in your spiritual growth and transformation?
In my book SOAR (now available in paperback, audio book, and kindle!) I share my journey to plant-based eating and outline the benefits of said lifestyle. Choosing a diet chock full of high-vibe foods has undoubtedly catapulted me to new heights in the spiritual world, and I recount my experience in the spirit of awakening others.
My journey to plant-based eating has been a process of rich-self discovery. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – this spiritual journey is very much an individual endeavor and I’m a firm believer that every person needs to go through their own internal process and make conscious choices for themselves.
When we start to view food through the lens of energy and vibration, our cravings begin to change. This article will give you a little food for thought (play on words totally intentional!) as you explore the food choices you make, and the impact they have on your spiritual evolution.
My Journey to Plant-Based Eating
SOAR provides an up-close and personal glimpse into my world as I bounced around from being an omnivore, to veganism, back to eating meat, until I ultimately found my groove with plant-based eating. It was a long and winding road to get to where I am, and I experienced resistance along the way, until I ultimately arrived at a place that felt right for me. When my eyes were opened to the link between food and my spiritual transformation, the lifestyle became permanent.
Here’s a little excerpt from SOAR :
“Adhering to a plant-based diet is a big piece of who I am, so it wouldn’t be authentic if I didn’t include some commentary around it. Transitioning to a plant-based diet has played an instrumental role in my personal transformation and spiritual awakening, and I’m excited to share a little bit of the knowledge others imparted on me over the last five years. Everything in our Universe has a vibration, and the reality is that the foods we eat directly impact the vibration we embody.”
My role is to simply raise awareness around this topic. It’s not my job to make choices for you. I’m super excited to share my experience so that it introduces you to a different way of thinking, so that you can make the right choices for you and your life.
Also straight out of SOAR : “It’s never too late to expand your mind and consider adopting a new way of living.”
The Role Food Plays In Our Lives
Contrary to what we are conditioned to believe, food isn’t just a means to satisfy hunger. It’s fuel. It’s nutrition.
The age old adage “You are what you eat”, is in fact true! Food provides the building blocks with which our bodies create new cells.
Everything in our world has a degree of “spiritual energy” running through it. This life-force energy, also known as “prana” directly impacts the vibration we cast out into the universe. As we consume foods that have high spiritual energy, the vibration we embody reflects that.
SOAR reminds us of the link between food and vibration:
“Everything in our world is energy, and the food we eat is no exception. What we consume is absorbed into our bodies and directly impacts the frequency at which our bodies vibrate. To optimize our overall well-being and quality of experiences and people we attract into our lives, our goal should always be to maximize our vibration.”
As our vibration rises, we raise our point of attraction. My book SOAR talks about the Law of Attraction and how it helps us to magnetize the best possible experiences for us, so check that out to learn more about this universal law and how it can help improve your life!!
All foods fall somewhere on the spectrum of vibration. Some foods have a high level of spiritual energy, and others have a low level. Every time we eat, we are either fueling our spiritual transformation or impeding it.
SOAR provides a basic list of foods that fall under each category:
Here are some great examples of high-vibrational foods:
- Fresh vegetables
- Fresh fruits (consume minimally-it’s still sugar!)
- Nut butters
- Seeds (pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, etc)
- Oils – avocado oil, olive oil, sunflower oil
These low-vibrational foods should be consumed in moderation or eliminated from the diet:
- Processed foods
- Canned foods
- Refined starches and sugars
- Artificial sweeteners
- Genetically-modified foods
Every time you eat, you are presented with a choice. Begin to raise your awareness on the vibrational value of the food you are eating, and ask yourself if you can make a choice that better supports your overall well-being. Start to pay attention to how you feel after you consume high-vibrational food. Our bodies and our spirits naturally crave foods that are nourishing, so over time you will find that you will naturally develop new cravings.
Food As a Spiritual Practice
The process of eating is not only as an obligation, but also a spiritual practice. Every time we eat, we are either fueling our spiritual transformation or impeding it. View the process of eating as nourishing. Here are five ways to view eating as a spiritual practice.
- Ask yourself “Does this move me forward?” Every time you eat, ask yourself if the food you are about to eat propels your spiritual transformation. Said differently, “Am I making the highest vibe food choice?”
- Express appreciation. Savor and appreciate the efforts that are put into making the meal a reality…the earth on which the food was grown, the weather and ecosystems, the efforts of the farmers, the transportation system that delivered the food to the stores, the employees at the store, and all the loving hands that prepared the food.
- Embrace mindfulness. Enjoy every aspect of the eating experience. Make it a sensory experience. Marvel at the colors of the food. Every time I make a salad, my mind is ecstatic knowing that a rainbow of bursting colors comes directly from nature. Take in the different textures, shapes, sizes of your food.
- Pay attention to how you feel. As you ascend through your spiritual journey, your heightened awareness will help you tune into what food choices make you feel amazing. You will start to notice that you have more energy and mental clarity after eating a salad, as compared to eating fast food, for example. Start a journal and document your food choices and how you’re feeling each day.
- Cook for yourself, and your loved ones. When you prepare your own food, you are in a place to ensure that the food you are about to enjoy is infused with the love, compassion, and kindness we all strive to attain on this spiritual journey.
Remember that this spiritual journey is an individual process of rich self-discovery, and every twist and turn is a necessary step. Rest assured, that in the spiritual world, there is no such thing as a setback, mistake, or waste of time. Every step along the way serves a purpose.
I will close with this reassurance from SOAR:
“Know that there are no judgments whatsoever about the eating regimen you choose for yourself. Remember that you are the designer of your reality and you make your choices.”
I would love to help you design a lifestyle that supports your spiritual growth and expansion.